Tuesday 22 July 2014

Final week at the ASOS Stitching Academy

On our final week we had the opportunity to make something much more intense. I chose to make a frilly hem jacket, which I found quite hard to construct especially to draw out the pattern. This week went by very fast as I spent majority of the time producing the jacket. The whole experience at the ASOS x Fashion Capital Stitching Academy was priceless. To make something so detailed after the six week project was impressive. The learning environment was great. From having very little knowledge about constructing and designing garments to be able to make detailed items within a few days felt immense. I feel confident using the Overlocker, flat machine, cover stitch and binding machine. I believe I have built up a very strong Fashion portfolio with this course and hoping to move onto employment within the Fashion industry. 

No comments:

Post a Comment